Sunday 26 January 2014

Wet, cold, what to do?...

It rained most of the night and is still raining, the wind is howling, it's bloomin' freezing.
I can't paint the Cooper and Ferrari 312 bodies or the Renault Undine or Broadspeed Jag, so I can't finish those off for the customers.  The workshop's chilly...hmmm, nice and toasty in the lounge, PING!!  draw something.

I have a model to make for an American customer of a Corvette SS Sebring in 1/32nd scale, but I have, for reference, an Auto Art diecast in 1/18th scale.
So, out with the fold up table, the calipers, the clicky pencil, the French curves and the calculator and let's get drawing.
Measure the model, multiply by 18, divide by 32.  Every dimension!  But we get there slowly and stay warm and dry.

Just the side view to do, if I can stay awake after a very nice roast dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are making a very nice job of the drawing. I suppose actual drawings of the car are impossible to come by. I would definitely need a calculator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never trust published drawings of cars, Iain. One man's curve is another's straight line! But that big old die-cast seems to be spot on. This particular customer likes the very rare stuff! The calculator is an absolute necessity!

    ReplyDelete