Sunday 13 July 2014

Foamex offered for your experimentation..

My son sent me home with loads of the above to try out. Now I already knew it to be very good for model buildings, but am not sure that many others do.
I have embossed it with a variety of tools into patterns of brick, setts, tooled and rough stone and carr stone or flint and it takes any amount of treatment in this way. It is stiff and self-supporting, glues well with contact adhesives without melting and takes paint well.  Really, I can't think of any downside.
This was done in Foamex:-
QED, methinks.

Anyone who fancies some for experimentation, please, let me know.  I can get loads more.

2 comments:

  1. You do seem to achieve superb results with this stuff. I also admired my namesake Lee Robinson's work in Foamex, but I must confess I haven't tried it yet. I also saw a French Modelmaker had made tools for embossing it, out of old brush ferrules (ingenious!). I would love to cadge some please, I will email :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful stuff, Iain. With care you can take around corners without needing to fill the insides of the stuff where separate pieces join.
    I have some 5mm thickness which might suit you better for your big stone buildings.
    Just e-mail me your address and I'll send you some.

    ReplyDelete