Thursday 19 November 2015

Clear the decks...

Well, after 2 years on and off, I finished the De Havilland Dragon Rapide master.  A large and complex model which goes away tomorrow to La Belle France.  The fiddly bits took a long time to set up and make.
These were the last parts needed.  Interplane struts, wheels, tyres, etc.

Also a longish running job, modding a Ferrari 312b F1 car that has languished as an almost generic model for a while, but finally the client decided what version he wanted and that is now done and delivered.
This more or less clears away what was started and paid for before I retired.  From now on I will be doing stuff just for me and hoping to help others with their modelmaking.

That includes a model of our old boat, "Heather Bell".  I thought it would be a bit of a fiddle, but it is almost done after just three afternoons!  More of that when I get some pictures.

In the meantime I sanded down the Marblehead yacht ready for epoxy on what turned out to be the last warm day of the year.  No epoxy work in this damp air, alas.
Chris won me a set of vintage sails for the yacht. Professionally made by the ex Secretary of the august Birkenhead Model Yacht Club.  Perfect period correctness.



No comments:

Post a Comment